Harissa is a Tunisian blend and is the traditional chilli accompaniment to couscous. Harissa can also be used in a heated marinade. Alexandra's Harissa includes 16 herbs and spices including chili, lemon, garlic and tomato.
Gluten free and vegan friendly.
Some ways to use Harissa:
- Add Harissa to bolognese or pizza sauce, or add to your favourite meatball recipe
- Add to meat patties
- Sprinkle over vegetables before you roast them
- Add a dash to a Bloody Mary for a spicy kick
- Mix with yoghurt and use as a marinade for fish or chicken
- Stir into scrambled eggs, or bean and lentil soups
- Stir into greek yoghurt with some chopped parsley and red onion and serve with toasted pita, flatbreads or corn chips
- Stir into hummus