2 cups Alexandra’s Israeli Couscous
Jar of marinated artichokes, quartered or chopped
1 cup chopped flat leaf parsley (about a ½ bunch)
⅓ cup toasted pine nuts
2 Tbsp lemon juice (approx. half of a lemon)
1 Tbsp dijon/wholegrain mustard
1 shallot (about ¼ cup rough chopped)
¼ cup olive oil
1/8 cup shredded parmesan cheese
salt & pepper to taste
- Cook couscous according to directions on the back of the packet.
- While couscous is cooking, prepare dressing:
- In a blender, combine lemon juice, mustard, chopped shallots, oil and parmesan cheese and blend until smooth. Add a little water if needed.
- When couscous is done cooking, drain and toss with dressing while still warm. Set aside to cool.
- Toss together couscous mixture with parsley, artichoke hearts and pine nuts.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve at room temperature.
Photography and styling by Emma Kinsella